Thursday, June 19, 2008

Freestone

OK I know it has been almost 2 weeks since my race in Texas but I have been a little busy, and my computer was broken. Is that enough excuses? Freestone went well, despite it being 108 degrees out! I think that global warming is only affecting Texas since I spent my entire winter in California and I can only remember 3 or 4 really hot days, and now its June in Michigan and we have yet to hit 60. But Texas, Texas was hot! I didn't even complain that our Sunday moto got moved from 2:40 in the afternoon to 10:40 in the morning. Riding with a bruised sternum it has been hurting me to breathe too hard, so I find myself holding my breath a lot, which is not good to do in that sort of heat. Anyways moto one didn't go that well. I had a decent start but honestly it was just one of those days when nothing seems to flow. I salvaged a third but was very disapointed with my riding. Sunday I felt much better on the bike, unfortunately I had to come from behind, but a bobble from Patterson put me into second, and second place in the points. I have some time off to heal now, and Colorado our next stop in the series happens to be one of my favorite tracks so I am looking forward to racing there. And I'll try to update this a little faster next time:)

No comments: