Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Elsinore

Pulling up to Elsinore today I saw the bulldozer working on the driveway, removing some of the mud trying to make it drivable. Right away I should have known what the track would be like, I mean come on the track is built on a dried up lake bed it obviously holds water pretty good. I was the first person there so I got the privilege of breaking the line for everyone else, all the while with a huge smile on my face. Though I love riding in mud its something I don't do that often anymore. I am never in Michigan when the snow melts anymore, back in the day when we couldn't ride for four months as soon as the dirt road we lived on started to melt my dad would let my brother and I do cirlces in it as long as we racked out the ruts afterwards. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The best part of riding in the mud back then or at any race I go to now is as soon as I pull off the track I could just hand my bike to my dad. I always hang out for a little while looking like I care but really I just want him to spray off my boots. Today as I loaded my bike I knew that the garden hose was not going to do the trick and I headed straight for the car wash before the mud had a chance to dry and cake itself on. I spent all of my quarters and one dollar bills trying to get it clean and it still didn't do the trick. Though I had a lot of fun and it was well worth it I have to say it, Daddy I wish you were here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude...your back tire looks roached!!! how ya been? shaking down the suzuki ok? oh...you spelled privelege wrong. haha anyway...later. btw...this is your favorite friend from northern michigan. hint...597

krys said...

sup chicky? miss ya! glad to hear you had fun riding in the mud! hahahha. maybe next time my bros down there you could ask him to help you wash ur bike hahahah...
kiddin hahhaa.
well gotta go.
laters